MODULE 1 – WINE TOURISM INNOVATION
Objectives of the Module:
- Introduce the current changes and challenges in the tourism domain.
- Learn about the peculiar organization and development of the wine tourism system.
- Understand how wine tourism can create new perspectives for local assets and bolster economic and social development.
- Know about wine tourism innovation and development models involving public and private sectors.
- Learn about the key conditions, do’s & dont’s for sustainable development of wine tourism destination.
- Explore the characteristics of particular wine tourism products and experiences.
Content of the Module:
- Place prosperity based on limited resources (of material / intangible nature) that function as main attraction as long as they are properly valorised and cared for
- Sustainable and responsible development as a tool to maximize the well-being of the local community in the long term
- Culture as intimately related to wine (tourism) and a social construct, not just something that we inherited from the past
- The tourist as an active subject of place transformation
- Wine tourism business development based on the ability of creating value through innovative collective engagement
- Territory-society relationships as the main analytical axis of tourism development